2014年8月6日星期三

My impression of New Haven

This is in the sixth week, a week of parting, and also, a difficult goodbye time. I can clearly remember the day of June 29th, after three hours’ drive, departing from J.F.K. airport of New York to New Haven, I almost threw up because of the jolt. But the clear air eased the dizziness just as I stepped out of the shuttle. Then, the classical European style architecture all around attracted my eyes. They are totally different from those in New York. It was 6 p.m., so quiet, tranquil and peaceful, and I fell in love with this peaceful picture.

On July 4th, American Independence Day, we went to Loria Building to watch a documentary of American independence history. On the street, most of the shops were closed and the owners had a rest at home. I admired the Americans’ easy life style. As a contrast, the National Day in China is bustling because there is a diversity of activities, and every corner is filled with people who are celebrating the festival. That day reminded me of last National Day in my country, when I was enjoying shopping, a sales girl told me that she envied me because I was so relaxed on holiday while she kept on working all the day. I felt so sorry that so many Chinese merchants are crazy about money. And so many poor have to make a living and that they can not have a rest on holidays. Maybe it's time to take life easier.

Now, as I am going to leave, I explore New Haven again. The peaceful atmosphere, the scenery of the neoclassicism, and the choir singing from the churches. I think all the Yale students are enjoying them. When I go back to Beijing, I will cherish everything there, too. The collectivism, the courtyard houses, and the ancient poems…

没有评论:

发表评论