2014年7月30日星期三

Morning in Yale


In the quiet of this morning I walked on the stretches of grass in the school yard. I raised my head to the building in front of me. It’s the Bass Library, which was completed in 1971 in a minimalist-functionalist style. It is said that this library holds approximately 150,000 books. It was a novel experience, which gave me absolute respect and affection. When I bent my head, I saw the trees and their reflections on the grass. A girl student was sitting on a bench, reading a book with her dog sleeping next to her. I thought of the couples sitting on the bench in my school, thought how happy they were to obtain love at school. On the grass, there is a baby crawling around, playing with some branches. Along the path, some students just left class, or listened to a song in their iPod or held the books. The scene brought back our never-ending rush in the past life to my mind. It’s so comforting to enjoy the ”leisure" art at Yale!

没有评论:

发表评论