2014年7月30日星期三

My 4th of July weekend


On the first weekend, I felt a little sick, so intended to stay at the dormitory. Then I missed the barbecue in the Morse College courtyard, and my friends went to Boston. I experienced a sudden feeling of loneliness. On Sunday morning, when one of my classmate asked if I wanted to go shopping with her, I found some inspiration. Just up and go! So we went to the Outlets in Clinton! It is said that in the Outlets, everything would be at least 50% off!
On the way to the railway station, we two girls were a little nervous. We had known about the poor public security situation in New Haven, and sure enough, we met three men who were sitting on the long bench in the park. They said “hello” in Chinese, and grinned mischievously. We walked away quickly in a cold sweat. Fortunately, we got on the train in time. It took us half an hour to get to Clinton, and we walked to the Outlets using the Google map in 40 minutes.

 Maybe every woman would never be tired with shopping. As we saw so many exclusive shops in the outlets, we nearly cried out in surprise. All the brands were on 30% discount or above. What a pity, but the size was too large for me to try on. Finally, I found a formal dress of CK brand, which fitted me well. That girl came with me, her eyes lighted up. She enthusiastically praised and put on the same dress. Then we bought the same dresses together.
 In a knapsack shop, we fortunately met a Chinese sales girl. She suggested to get a Coupon from the supermarket office, and told us about her experience in New Haven——something about the gap between rich and poor and something about the gun shooting. What wouldwe do if we encountered these scenarios? We immediately made the decision to go back early. We tried on and on, chatting, and enjoying. Time flew…The moment we got to the train station, the last train had gone. We were upset and thought we would walk in the dark all alone. Luckily, we met the other girls of the Eli program who has scheduled their travel plan and explained the unpredictable train time to us. But all of us are girls, so we had to accelerate and headed to the Morse College in the dark.
Finally we arrived at school before the sun-set, and when made it to dinner in the dining hall. Oh we were totally worn out, and what a breathtaking shopping experience!

没有评论:

发表评论